VitaFiber™ IMO Apricot Almond Bars
The perfect combination of nuts, fruit and seeds, these nutritious bars are jam packed with fiber and are the perfect size to throw in your bag to get you through the day.
- 1 ¼ cups whole almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 10 dried apricots
- ¼ cup puffed brown rice cereal
- 1 TB flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup VitaFiber IMO syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Roast the almonds and coconut in a 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes, keeping a close eye on them and occasionally stirring until lightly toasted.
- Finely dice the dried apricots.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray to avoid sticking. Combine almonds and coconut mixture with diced apricots, puffed rice, flaxseed meal and chia seeds.
- In a small sauce pan, combine VitaFiber IMO syrup, salt and vanilla. Heat over medium heat until bubbling, continue stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the syrup into the nut and seed mixture and stir well.
- Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray and press the mixture into the pan.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to get firm.
- Place the pan upside down on a cutting board until the bars are released. Cut into 10 bars.
- Wrap individually in parchment paper and store in the refrigerator for the best texture. These bars will last at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Nutrition: Recipe as written makes 10 bars.
Per bar: 150 calories . 9.6g fat . 7.3g net carbs (18.7 g total carbs) . 11.4g fiber